Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

wifi calling and volte for android

Super Contributor

iphone has supported volte and now wifi calling for digi.

but what about other phones? like htc? samsung s6,  samsung J7 or  vivo?

why digi only allow iphone and discreminate the user  right of  other phone?

why cant we enjoy the same?

Re: wifi calling and volte for android

SuperUser

fadly0416 wrote:

for VoLTE, can check the list here:
http://new.digi.com.my/services/volte

it's a growing list and you can see many "other" phones listed. 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

VoWifi and VoLTE are relatively new and not all manufacturers have applied the same standards it seems. Thorough testing with every model is required, otherwise the impact of poor voice call quality will be significant. Give some time and you'll see more popular devices supported.

Have you seen any of the devices you suggested having VoWifi on international forums/discussions? Just wondering are there any alledged discrimination anywhere else?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Super Contributor

these phones do support volte/vowifi in overseas, like  taiwan, india, and etc...

so firm ware wise is not an issues, so why digi has not enabled all these? why only iphone?

Super Contributor

thanks, i do aware for the  phone list, but it is limited and not growing, so i ask...here.....

SuperUser

fadly0416 wrote:

thanks, i do aware for the  phone list, but it is limited and not growing, so i ask...here.....

yup, it's also good to ask for more... and let's hope the list will expand even faster...

but what i understand, *some* firmware needs to also be specific to the telco. i've seen some formware update logs where they say they added compatibility to so-and-so telco, etc... so, i believe in such cases, manufacturer will also need to push out updates specific to the telco.. 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.
Highlighted

Super Contributor

i do aware of this, firmware requirement, but  as a end user, consumer of  the phone manufacturer and subscriber of telco, we are stuck in the middle...who is there to help for our rights? telco or manufacturer?  there is no clear line here.

end up, we , as consumer is loser.

our phone is unlocked, so this should not be issued like those locked unit in US or else where....

SuperUser

mydragoon wrote:

fadly0416 wrote:

for VoLTE, can check the list here:
http://new.digi.com.my/services/volte

it's a growing list and you can see many "other" phones listed. 

have to say... the list on that page needs to be updated.

i'm using honor 8 Pro now and it's got VoLTE. 

tagging: @Digi_MYCHEAH @Digi_Zemi

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers