Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Let's discuss -- 2017 Android phones

SuperUser

What are phones you are looking forward to this year -- Android phones, that is.

LG's already launched their LG G6. Huawei launched their Huawei P10 series earlier this month and will most likely start selling in April -- here in Malaysia, Samsung Galaxy S8 is expected to be announced end of March. there are rumours that HTC plans to have another flagship (powered by Snapdragon 835 later this year). There is also the next OnePlus  phone (expected to be called OnePlus 5, skipping the number 4).

It does seem like trend is now going towards curved edges and in the case of LG and Samsung, having only the screen in front. This is also somehting that Apple is rumoured to be doing later this year with their iPhone.

So, which one excites you? Which one would you like to get? Which one should Digi make available as part of their bundle?

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Re: Let's discuss -- 2017 Android phones

SuperUser

Personally for me, OP5 Smiley Very Happy... Though as of now not much information is out yet 

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

Contributor
Are phone bundle plan available for Ambassador Plan users? 😝

Community Manager

DigiFanChan wrote:
Are phone bundle plan available for Ambassador Plan users? 😝

So far there had been no phone bundle for Ambassador Plan. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

Lacus wrote:

Personally for me, OP5 Smiley Very Happy... Though as of now not much information is out yet 

should be coming soon... the "teaser wallpaper" was leaked recently by evleaks.

and Qualcomm recently said that there is no such thing as Samsung having access to first batch of SD835. so, this means other brands might be coming out with SD835 phones sooner than expected. 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

we're halfway past 2017... 

in this time, i managed to just play around with a few phones...

Samsung S8/ S8+ didn't really impress me. it's a personal preference. i don't like curved edged so, naturally, not into the Samsung flagships. in terms of size wise, i think S8 is just nice. i feel S8+ is a bit on the big side, especially with the almost 2:1 ratio.

LG G6 is something I almost bought. but in the end, did not coz it was a lot of compromise. had seen some AP sets selling for abt rm1.8k at one stage, so it was very tempting. but... last year's processor, no LED notification and a few others things... in the end, no go for me.

OnePlus 5... not as affordable as I'd have expected. no microSD support. various issues. and you really don't know when OnePlus decide to end support for their products. so... i prefer not to risk it. so i skipped this one.

HTC U 11: this one is kinda nice. everything feels nice. but... the price... is... so... (expensive)

in the end, and a surpring one... i found honor 8 Pro. below rm2k. 6GB RAM. 64 GB internal storage. 5.7" 2K screen. and  I've used phones with EMUI before and i'm actually quite OK with the skin. so, very happy with it. and... as a bonus... it's even got VoLTE on Digi now. just waiting to see if it's going to get CA aka 4G+. processor wise, it's the same as what is on the Huawei Mate 9. in case you didn't realise, honor is a sub-brand of Huawei.

anyway, with a few more months to go... we still have phones from: Nokia (Nokia 8)... there's also LG V30. Samsung Note 8. Huawei Mate 10...  and of course... Apple's iPhone 7S and perhaps even iPhone 8! <-- but well, since this ins about android phones, i guess we dun discuss these two... hahaha...

so... which one are you waiting for?

Highlighted

SuperUser

For me, nothing much appealing to me these days Smiley Sad... Not to mention mobile phones are getting more and more expensive already D: That's just my personal opinion though =D

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

SuperUser

Lacus wrote:

For me, nothing much appealing to me these days Smiley Sad... Not to mention mobile phones are getting more and more expensive already D: That's just my personal opinion though =D

agree with you that phone prices seems to be going up. while partly due to our weaker ringgit, but it's not entirely just that. if we look at the new phone's US pricing, it's showing increase as well. which is kinda sad coz I'd expect prices to go down instead of up.

but these days, mid tier phones are quite capable. so, i'm more than happy to settle with mid range phones... like the honor 8 Pro. 

Community Manager

I am looking for a device that has good camera and IP68 preferred, but not the price of >RM2k. Any of such device to recommend?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

note8 is coming...

so... what do you guys think?

personally for me, i've moved past s-pen... meaning s-pen is not really important criteria for me when it comes to getting a new phone.

it just looks like an even bigger version of S8+. i guess the only "new" thing about Note 8  is that it's the first (i could be wrong) Samsung phone with dual rear camera... have to wait for more in-depth reviews to see how good Samsung has implemented it. i dun think it will really disappoint.

what do you think of the colours? sadly... i think it's kinda dull, especially when compared with what HTC has done with the U11... you should really check out hands-on video of the RED version. i totally love that...

anyway... are you guys getting it? can't wait for Digi to announce device plans?

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers